[omniORB] Endless loop in omniORB - need help!

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Sep 21 15:00:46 BST 2005

On Tuesday 20 September, "Wernke zur Borg" wrote:

> After hours and days of smooth operation the program ends up in an endless
> loop with 100% CPU usage. top shows 45% user and 55% kernel. We have
> currently 20-30 instances of this program running 24 hours/7 days on
> different machines in an operational environment. The problem is reported
> 1-3 times per week.

The first thing you should try is to upgrade to the CVS version of
omniORB (on the omni4_0_develop branch). There have been a number of bug
fixes that might be relevant to your situation. If it still occurs with
the CVS version, please get another set of stack traces and I'll take a
look.

What configuration parameters are you setting?  Please give me the
output of running with -ORBdumpConfiguration 1.