[omniORB] endpoint port setting

Shawn LaMaster shawn at lamaster.com
Mon Oct 31 15:27:25 GMT 2005

All,
    OK...thank you all for the endpoint reg setting reference. When
we run our test app on a Windows XP box, it grabs the correct port
from the endpoint registry setting (giop:tcp:guavatech924:8102) and
opens that 8102 port for listening.  When we run the exact same
app on a Windows 2000 box with the same reg settings except for
the machine name - it ignores the endpoint setting and opens
random ports! Is there a Win2k problem? Has anyone had this
problem?
    Thanks,
        Shawn

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy
that sustained him through temporary bouts of joy.
        - William Butler Yeats