[omniORB] Transaction question

=?gb2312?B?1Kwg6ruzzA==?= yhc7825 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:22:39 BST 2005

omniorb-list:

	We have a product called SMS(Subscribe Management System). It is a
CCB(Customer Care Billing) System used in DVB domain, and contains two
server: billing server and customer server. Billing server is written using
C++, Customer server is written using java. We uses corba for
communications between Billing server and Customer server. Billing server
uses omniORB-4.0.6, Customer Server uses weblogic server 9.0, and uses
weblogic ORB to invork corba service provided by Billing server in
sessionstateless bean.

	We have succeeded in invorking corba service in slsb, and now my challenge
is the tracsaction in two server must be consistent, so I think it should
be use distributed tracsaction and two-phase commit, but omniORB-4.0.6
doesn't provide any tracsaction support.

	Could someone give me some advice for the question below
	1¡¢Must I use distributed tracsaction and two-phase commit?
	2¡¢How can I guarantee the consistency of tracsaction? I think I can
define corba service throws exception, and in slsb, I can catch the
exception and the CMT mechanism could guarantee the consistency of
tracsaction; but if exception occurs in slsb, how can I rollback the
tracsaction in billing server?

	Any insight into the problem is appreciated.

	Thanks
	Haocheng Yuan