[omniORB] omniidl creating invalid include entry in generated header file

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Oct 19 11:44:05 BST 2005

On Thursday 13 October, Brian McNamara wrote:

> I have downloaded and compiled omniORB 4.0.6 on an HP-UX 11.23 Itanium
> system. I am using the aCC: HP aC++/ANSI C B3910B A.06.00 [Aug 25 2004]
> compiler.
>
> When I compile my IDL files using omniidl the generated ".hh" file contains
> the following:
>
> #ifndef ___hh_EXTERNAL_GUARD__
> #define ___hh_EXTERNAL_GUARD__
> #include <.hh>
> #endif

This is part of the same issue of omnicpp not finding #included files.
omniidl uses the file names returned from omnicpp to know what to call
the files it generates, and what files they should include. omnicpp is
clearly doing the wrong thing.

We need to look into why omnicpp is generating the wrong output. Do you
get any warnings (in particular about int / pointer sizes) when omnicpp
is compiled?