[omniORB] Request w/patch

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Oct 19 11:28:22 BST 2005

On Saturday 8 October, George Garvey wrote:

>    We use gcc's warning against old C style casts.
>    Please consider this patch, which changes the C casts in omniidl's
> output to C++ casts. I'm sure I missed some, but omniORB compiles with
> this patch.

Thanks for the patch. I don't want to completely take away the old style
casts because omniORB still runs on some ancient compilers that require
them. I might accept your patch if it used macros to hide what kind of
cast it was.

There are already macros in include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep.h for
const_cast and reinterpret_cast. You could add static_cast there as
well. I think some of the casts you have changed should become
const_casts instead of static_casts.