[omniORB] omniORB port restrictions

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Wed Oct 19 14:51:45 BST 2005

Hi Sean,

You can configure which port(s) the server will listen on using the
endPoint option.  Check out the sample configuration file for details.

Regards,
Luke.

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 19:39 -0700, Sean Parker wrote:
> Hello -
>
>   Our project's network team is required to lock-down ports
> used on the network in order to enforce tighter controls on
> port attacks - I looked in the omniORB docs and couldn't
> find anything that allowed configuration of which range of
> ports the ORB would use for client/server calls (except the
> 2809 for the NameService)
>
>   Am I missing something? Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated... (Ideally I'd like to use command line
> options to tell every client/server which range to select
> open ports from for making connections - unless there's a
> single default you can tell me about...)
>
>   Thanks, and God Bless
>      Sean

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of XPlan Technology.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the
information provided before loading onto any computer system.
Xplan Technology does not warrant that the
information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.