[omniORB] C++ with omniORB embedding python which uses omniORBpy

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Oct 10 19:42:29 BST 2005

On Tuesday 4 October, Roland Spatzenegger wrote:

> we have a c++ linux programm which uses omniorb (CORBA server and also
> a client). One function of the programm is to start python
> scripts. The Python scripts again uses OmniorbPy to communicate with
> other servers.
> If the scripts are executed with exec("python ...") it works, but I
> get a lot of problems if the scripts are embedded and the python
> interpreter is forked. On error is:
>  omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application using
> omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
>  file: orbOptions.cc
>  line: 132
>  info: findHandler(h.key()) == 0
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'omniORB::fatalException'

What platform are you using?  It looks like Python has loaded a new
instance of the omniORB library, rather than using the one that's
already in the process. Furthermore, it hasn't initialised the new load
of the library correctly so it blows up. Does omniORBpy work if you use
it normally?  How about if you start it from within C++ code that isn't
linked with omniORB?