[omniORB] C++ with omniORB embedding python which uses omniORBpy

Roland Spatzenegger spatzenegger at 4soft.de
Tue Oct 4 19:10:09 BST 2005

Hi,
has anyone a working example for this case?

we have a c++ linux programm which uses omniorb (CORBA server and also a client).
One function of the programm is to start python scripts. The Python scripts again uses OmniorbPy to communicate with
other servers.
If the scripts are executed with exec("python ...") it works, but I get a lot of problems if the scripts are embedded and the
python interpreter is forked. On error is:
 omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application using
omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
 file: orbOptions.cc
 line: 132
 info: findHandler(h.key()) == 0
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'omniORB::fatalException'

I think this is because the python interpreter calls CORBA::init() again. Is it possible to hand over the Corba-Orb and work in the python script with the C++ ORB?

bye
Roland Spatzenegger