[omniORB] bidirectional python problem

Jakub Moscicki moscicki at mail.cern.ch
Mon Oct 3 12:55:26 BST 2005

Hello,

I have taken the bidir example in C++ and made an equivalent in python.

I have a bd_client.py behind the firewall so I really test the bidir
functionality.

If I run C++ bd_server everything works fine. If I run the python
bd_server.py then I have the TRANSIENT ConnectFailed.

The logs with traceLevel 25:
 - C++ server: cserver.log
 - python server: pyserver.log
 - python client: pyclient_cserver.log, pyclient_pyserver.log

All files are availble at:
http://moscicki.home.cern.ch/moscicki/bidir-problem

I use omniORB 4.0.3 and omnipy 2.3 -- is it something that has been fixed
recently and I should try latest version?

The following parts of the log diff look suspisious to me:

 - lib omnidynamic not loaded in python version
 - code sets mismatch

Or have I coded python bidir policies wrong?

Many thanks for help,

kuba