[omniORB] Help needed to interpret COMM_FAILURE

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Mon Nov 28 17:17:07 GMT 2005

Duncan,
    is there any behavior which might affect a sending in a way that
connection would be closed on either side while sending a very long
message ? I mean > 1 Gigabyte message, which takes quite a number of
seconds.
Client/server timeouts are left to their defaults,  and the same for
in/outConScanPeriod (120/180).
Is it possible that on either side a connection is considered idle, and
thus closed even while sending the message ? This would explain our
troubles, I should just increase in/outConScanPeriod.
Thanks,

Renzo