[omniORB] omniORB4/acconfig.h vs autoconf: PACKAGE_NAME etc macros

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser+omniorb-list#omniorb-support.com at sigpipe.cz
Mon Nov 21 14:12:02 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm tinkering with omniORB-4.0.6 on FreeBSD-5.4-p6, with autoconf-2.57
and automake-1.9.5.

omniORB's acconfig.h defines PACKAGE_NAME, etc. macros, which are
defined by autoconf's AC_INIT() macro. (In fact, it looks like having
config.h installed is a bug in itself.) I can either include my config.h
*after* including omniORB4/CORBA.h (which doesn't seem right), or
prevent the inclusion of acconfig.h by defining OMNI_CONFIG_EXTERNAL.
The former is incorrect, and the latter seems to open up a can of worms.

What do others do to bypass this problem?

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.