[omniORB] OmniOrb, TAO lib problem (Linux)

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Tue May 31 15:30:37 BST 2005

In Message <429C984C.7050906 at 4soft.de> ,
   Roland Spatzenegger <spatzenegger at 4soft.de> wrote:

=>Hi,
=>we have a corba Client in C++ which communicates with a CorbaServer
=>through the ACE/TAO-ORB. Later in the project we decided to include
=>python with corba support in this client and we added OmniOrbPy to the
=>Client.  If a python request enters the client through TAO, a python
=>interpreter is forked and a python script is executed All worked well,
=>until we tried it on some other machines. Now it crashes.
=>It looks like, that the _omnipymodule.so calls a function in libTAO
=>(which is fatal).
=>Has anyone an idea how to prevent this? (Except using OmniOrb instead of
=>TAO ;-)

   That's one of the perils of run-time linking. You could try
building the static omniORB libraries and linking _omnipymodule.so
against those. That should make sure the symbols are resolved in
advance.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies