[omniORB] Pb to connect omniORB client to iona orbix 3.3 serverwith nameserver

CORNE Frederic SCR frederic.corne at wanadoo.com
Tue May 24 15:08:18 BST 2005

I found an old (nov 2000...)  message from Fabien COUTANT <Fabien.Coutant at steria.fr> :
when one writes:
    MyClass::_bind ("[markerName]:serverName"[, "hostName"]) ;

Then the following object key is built:
    ":\\hostNameOrIP:serverName:[markerName]:[ifrHostNameOrIP]:IFR:MyClass\0"

  the ending \0 seems a bug, I have already seen messages about it in
   the mailing list; It is visible only in non-Orbix environments
  markerName and ifrHostNameOrIP are empty by default
  hostNameOrIP is taken from configuration file/environment if not
   specified in _bind arguments.
  Symbolic names or IP addresses are used depending on a boolean
   environment variable "IT_USE_HOST_IN_IOR".

and :
    inspoa = orb.resolve_initial_references ("omniINSPOA")
    inspoa.activate_object_with_id (
	":\\10.2.1.30:MyClass:::IFR:MyClass\0", myObject)
    inspoa._get_the_POAManager ().activate ()

But I am unable to build a simple client with it. I only get a lot of compilations errors.
I am not corba guru ...

I prefer to build a orbix client which give me the ior of the serveur.

thanks for your help

FC