[omniORB] DLLified echo example

Gavin Uttley guttley at iess.co.uk
Tue May 24 11:41:57 BST 2005

Hi Duncan,

Im going to have a look at ACE+TAO as that seems compatable with
CBuilder and
with CBuilder we can compile in pas source files, so we can use existing
code,
hopefully..

gav.

Duncan Grisby wrote:

>On Monday 23 May, Gavin Uttley wrote:
>
>[...]
>

>>As you can see this is pretty much the same as the example with the
>>addition of what to echo and the return from the servant.
>>I can call the servant just fine and it returns the expected result,
>>however as soon as i jump off the "return (char*)dest"
>>I get a "user break point called from 0x<memory address>" when i run
>>it outside the debugger i get debug assertion failed
>>error with the expression _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData).
>>The problem seems to be with the line that calls the servant, if i
>>comment this line out it returns fine.
>>

>See the FAQ:
>
>  http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-73ebd38f28a57835a014108267ecb6975ebcfa64
>
>My feeling is that trying to integrate omniORB with Delphi is doomed to
>failure because of this kind of Windows nightmare. I think you'd be much
>better off using an ORB for Delphi, or even just in writing a minimal
>IIOP engine yourself.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Duncan.

This message has been sent from Initial Electronic Security Systems Ltd.

Initial Electronic Security Systems
Shadsworth Road
Blackburn
BB1 2PR
United Kingdom
Tel +44(0) 1254 688688

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential
and are intended for the use of the addressee only. If you
are not the addressee you should not copy or use them for
any purpose, nor disclose their contents to anyone else.
If you believe you have received this e-mail by mistake please
notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (0) 1254 688688.