[omniORB] C++ to Pascal?

Gavin Uttley guttley at iess.co.uk
Mon May 23 10:44:07 BST 2005

Hi,
I realised as soon as i sent the email i could do this as it is the same
problem as me creating my own dlls.
thanks for the reply.

gav.

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

> Gavin Uttley wrote:
>
>> With Omni being DLL based is it not possible to just use the DLL's
>> and convert the stubs to delphi?, i did notice that you carnt use any
>> other compiler than VC++ in windows, but i assume this is because of the
>> lib file formats being different? ie VC++ COFF and CBuilder MOF?
>

> I doubt that this is possible - the general problem with C++ is that
> the standard lacks a binary layout spec - that's basically the reason
> for the restrictions you have in calling C++ objects. I know that
> there is work done in that field - the assigned acronym is ABI - but I
> don't know how far that goes and if it helps yuo.
>
> But what is well defined is C, and you should be able to call it from
> delphi. And there is a CORBA->C mapping. So maybe chosing an ORB
> implementing the C mapping and then calling DLLs from delphi might
> suit your needs?
>
> Diez

> This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs
> Virus Scanning Service.

This message has been sent from Initial Electronic Security Systems Ltd.

Initial Electronic Security Systems
Shadsworth Road
Blackburn
BB1 2PR
United Kingdom
Tel +44(0) 1254 688688

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential
and are intended for the use of the addressee only. If you
are not the addressee you should not copy or use them for
any purpose, nor disclose their contents to anyone else.
If you believe you have received this e-mail by mistake please
notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (0) 1254 688688.