[omniORB] Re: Problem connecting from internet to multi home server

kaseah at rockwellcollins.com kaseah at rockwellcollins.com
Thu May 19 22:12:29 BST 2005

Damian Minkov writes:

>I'm using a java client connecting to linux server.
>The server is located on host with 2 ethernets.
>   1. real IP internet  (83.......)
>   2. internal network (10.1.1.2)
>Ethereal shows that client connects to server and then after some
>packets the client throws exception :

I've had a similar situation in which a client on the internal network
could not connect to the server. The reason is that the server
broadcasts in its IOR all the addresses which it's listening to. The
client takes the first server address which is the incorrect IP address
(83... being the server's real IP address and not the internal
network 10.1.1.12) - and then crashes on that. The way I've solved that is
to run the server with the internal IP address as the only endpoint, i.e.
use the ORB option "-ORBendPoint giop:tcp:10.1.1.2:" to run the server. If
there's a specific port the server is listening on, you can add that to the
end of the giop...

Hope this helps!

-- Kirschen