[omniORB] Cross-Compiling omniORB

Radu-Adrian Popescu radu.popescu at aldratech.com
Mon May 16 15:54:42 BST 2005

Peter Schaefer-Hutter wrote:
> Hello!

Hi Peter,

> I'm trying to cross-compile omniORB 4.0.6 for a PPC-Target by
> using gcc on a x86-host and the old makefile method.
>
> So far a i can see, everything compiles fine up to the point when omniidl
> gets called for the first time:
>
> Any way to give omniidl a clue?

Well, I've never taken upon such a feat as cross-compiling, but from reading the
messages on the list, I think the idea is that you'd compile omniORB for your
host platform first (x86) and then use that omniidl in the cross-platform build
process. The omniORB build process build omniidl and then uses it to parse some
IDLs and create some code for the actual build, and you obviously cannot use the
one for the PPC target.

Regards,
--
Radu-Adrian Popescu