[omniORB] Load balancing omninames

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri May 13 13:42:42 BST 2005

On Wednesday 4 May, "Al Slater" wrote:

> I have a requirement to load balance instances of omninames on multiple
> servers.  Clearly it is not as simple as it first seems due to the log file.
>
> Does anyone on the list have any idea how to set this up.

omniNames isn't really designed with that kind of thing in mind. If you
want a load balanced naming service, it's probably easier to start from
scratch, rather than trying to modify omniNames. The naming service
isn't a particularly complicated thing.

Having said that, if you need to load balance the naming service, I'd
suggest that you are using it too much. It's only intended as an initial
bootstrapping mechanism, not for registration of huge numbers of
objects.