[omniORB] omniorbpy on Mac OS X Panther

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Sat May 7 22:18:54 BST 2005

>BN> Diez -- I have been using a workaround on Mac OS X 10.3.  If you link  the
>BN> python modules to the static versions of the omniorb libraries,  they
>BN> should load and initialize fine.

>BN> So, before building omniORBpy, mv the libCOS*.dylib and libomni*.dylib
>BN> files somewhere out of the link path, build and then move them back.

I use the following script for it (between make and make install). Put it
in omniORBpy/build and give it execute permission.

#!/bin/sh
sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib/libomni.save
sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libomni*.dylib* /usr/local/lib/libomni.save/.
rm modules/_omnipymodule.so* modules/codesets/_omnicodesetsmodule.so* modules/sslTP/_omnisslTPmodule.so*
make
sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libomni.save/* /usr/local/lib/
sudo rmdir /usr/local/lib/libomni.save/

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org