[omniORB] VisiBroker, omniORB and wstring -> Exception

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue May 3 16:12:35 BST 2005

On Friday 22 April, =?windows-1251?Q?=D1=E5=F0=E3=E5=E9_=D5=E0=EB=E8=EF=F1=EA=E8=E9?= =?windows-1251?Q?_?= wrote:

> 	When I call function HelloWFunc (...) from the client in
> omniORB the mistake BAD_PARAM_WcharTCSNotKnown jumps out and on the
> server the given function is not carried out. Debug of the client
> following:
[...]

The object reference you retrieve from the naming service probably does
not contain any codeset information, so omniORB does not know what
codeset to use for wide strings. If you print the object reference you
get from resolve() using orb->object_to_string, then process it with
catior, I expect you'll see that there is no codeset information there.
You need to figure out how to make Visibroker put the codeset
information in its object references.