[omniORB] segfault compiling orb.idl

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue May 3 12:41:22 BST 2005

On Tuesday 3 May, Brian Wallis wrote:

> In my attempts to compile the TM Forum's TMF814 IDL with omniorb's IDL
> compiler I have come across some IDL that causes a segfault in IDL compiler.
> (omniorb 4.0.6).
>
> The IDL is:
>
> #ifndef CORBA_IDL_
> #define CORBA_IDL_
>
> module CORBA
> {
>     interface Principal { };
>     interface NamedValue { };
>     interface TypeCode { };
> };
>
> #endif

That is a bug in omniidl. I've fixed it in CVS. The problem is that both
Principal and TypeCode are pre-defined types in the CORBA module, so
omniidl tries to output an error message. That's what blows up. With the
fix in place, you'll get an error telling you that Principal and
TypeCode are redefined, so you need to remove that IDL anyway.

Thanks for the bug report.