[omniORB] Cross compiling omniORB

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sat Mar 19 11:13:20 GMT 2005

I am working on cross compiling omniORB using the Open Embedded build
system. I am working from the configure files. It is pretty
straightforward doing the native build so I have access to the tools
such as omniidl. For the build for the embedded target I set the
EmbeddedSystem variable to 1 and run make. This successfully persuades
the build system to skipping the idl compiler etc.

The problem is I haven't found a "clean" to specify the paths to omniidl
and the depend program. Has anyone found a good way to do this? Should I
just modify the make files to set different paths based on the
EmbeddedSystem variable?

Thanks,

Philip

PS: I have skimmed the old build system, but I would like to work
through the configure based alternatives before going that route.