[omniORB] Support for __getitem__ on structs

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Mar 15 09:54:49 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 February, "Diez B. Roggisch" wrote:

[...]
> As the code generation for python bindings has all necessary
> informations to create such a method, I'd love to see it beeing
> added. I already tried to dive into the source, but failed to get a
> grasp between the C/C++ part of omniORB and python. Any chance this
> addition could get into ominORB? I don't expect any running code being
> broken - who defines a python magic method name in corba asks for
> trouble anyway....

Sorry it took me ages to reply to this. For what you're trying to do,
you only need to look at the Python code for the omniidl back-end. It's
in omniORBpy/omniidl_be/python.py.

If you add it as an option, I'll include it in the distribution. I
wouldn't want to make it the default because it increases the size of
the stubs, and it's not part of the CORBA mapping spec.