[omniORB] omniOrb OTS Service?

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Mon Mar 14 11:30:01 GMT 2005

Hi Scott,

Any news on the omniOTS update?

We have been trying out the version currently on sourceforge, but we're
having some problems with client python processes locking up (I think
that the python lock is not being released somewhere).  Removing use of
omniOTS avoids the lockup.  I'd rather not debug a problem that you may
have solved already.

We also noticed a scalability issue with the transaction server: a new
thread is created for each transaction, to wait for the transaction
timeout.  This allows only a few hundred concurrent transactions due to
system limits on the number of threads.  We have adjusted this code to
use a single thread for waiting for timeouts.  Only when a timeout
actually occurs does it start a new thread to perform the transaction
rollback.  I'm not sure if this is still an issue with your new version
though.

Looking forwards to any updates! :-)

Regards,
Luke.