[omniORB] OmniOrb 4.0.3 and Python

Marco Freschi mfreschi at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:14:39 GMT 2005

Hi

Sorry again, but I didn't fix completely the problems with my environment.
I tried to use in a Solaris machine (SunOS 5.8) OmniOrb 4.0.3 with python
2.3 and all my applications are compiling correctly

I tried to do the same compilation, on the same machine, using the same
OmniORB with omnipython-sun4_sosV_5.7.tar following all the instructions
found in the readme and my compilation fails with many errors of the same
type.

"Error: Virtual function USERmanagerSync::isActive() returns bool, while
_impl_USERcorbaManagerSync::isActive() returns unsigned char"

Basically in the code I see all the return as "boolean" (I don't  understand
the unsigned char)

Is the version of python incorrect? Is it exist a more recent omnipython
release?

Thanks
Regards
Marco