[omniORB] omniorbPY

Srinivasan, Rajagopalan (GE Healthcare) Rajagopalan.Srinivasan at ge.com
Sat Mar 5 02:40:38 GMT 2005

On a target system - when i try to run a simple python script using omniorb, I get an error message :

ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_omnipymodule.so: undefined symbol: _ZN3IOP25TAG_OMNIORB_PERSISTENT_IDE

Background,

Environment - Fedora Core 2
python 2.3

On my development system the above script runs.

---------------

My target system did not have omniorbpy. I downloaded omniorbpy2.5. configured with prefix=/tmp/omniORB
did a make and then
make install.

I moved entire dir tree from /tmp/omniORB to my target system under /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages

Questions

a) What exactly does the error message mean? I do have the symbol defined in a file libomniORB4.so.0.5

b) Is the method to get omniORBpy installed on a target machine a valid method?

any clues would be appreciated.

regards

srini

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete the message from your computer without making any copies. Please see http://www.ge.com.au/help/email_privacy_policy.html for information about our privacy practices.