[omniORB] implicit widening with _var's

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Mar 3 13:14:52 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 February, renej wrote:

> attached is a version of omniORB4/templatedecls.h with added private
> member functions to prevent implcit widening with _var's and alike
> that should give compile errors according to the standard, but don't
> using omniORB.

_var widening patches are like buses. Nothing happens for ages, then two
come along at once...

In the omniORB 4.1 development tree, I've already put in a much simpler
fix using a common base class. I can't put it into the mainline omniORB
4.0 tree, though, because it will break binary compatibility.