[omniORB] Performance comparison of OmniEvents and OmniNotifiy

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Tue Mar 1 11:05:50 GMT 2005

Hi Fred,

On 1 Mar 2005, at 10:04, Frederic Prin wrote:
> So I am thinking to migrate from omniNotify to OmniEvents (that seems
> be more maintained.).
> Alex, I am using StructuredEvents with filters and both push
> cosummer/receiver, do you think it is easy to migrate to OmniEvents ?

omniEvents does NOT implement the CosNotification service, so if you
need that functionality, you should use omniNotify.

If your filtering needs are quite simple, then you might be able to use
omniEvents. omniEvents allows you to create 'filtered channels', which
only transmit events of a particular CORBA type. You can link several
filtered channels together to achieve a very crude version of what
omniNotify can do.

See my post here for more details:

http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2004-October/
025988.html