[omniORB] Valuetype factory issue omniiORBpy

Jonathan Walsh jwalsh at atl.lmco.com
Thu Jun 30 18:39:53 BST 2005

I know that this is currently not a released feature, however I was
hoping that someone might have run into this as well or may be able to
give me advice as to what I might be doing wrong.  I am running the
latest CVS snapshot of omniORB and omniORBpy as of 6/29, Linux
2.4.21-27.0.4.EL, gcc 3.4.3, and python 2.2.

The code I am writing is in python and calling a function from servant
object running on a different ORB.  I am receiving the exception
"omniORB.CORBA.MARSHAL: Minor: MARSHAL_NoValueFactory, COMPLETED_YES."
when I make the call "cookie = bmdevice_obj.subscribe_data_available(
dacFinal_o )"  the function is called on a regular CORBA object, it
returns a valuetype Component.Cookie and takes a valuetype
BasicSP.DataAvailableConsumer as a parameter.  I have the following
value factories registered with the orb:
   orb.register_value_factory( CORBA.id( Components.Cookie ),
Components.Cookie )
   orb.register_value_factory( CORBA.id( BasicSP.DataAvailableConsumer ),
                                BMClosedEDImpl.DataAvailableConsumer_i )

I attempted to model my value factory registration from the example
contained in the distribution, however I am unsure if I need to
specifically implement a value factory object somewhere.  Thank you in
advance for any help with this issue.

Thanks,
-Jonathan Walsh
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories