[omniORB] Im new on Linux

Sean Parker supinlick at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 11:17:45 BST 2005

Oh! kate as in KDE-stuff?! I use KWrite myself...

I'm relatively new to Linux but have been doing quite a bit
with Perl/C/C++/user-admin, processes,threads, (incl
omniORB) etc. so if you (Tshivhase) need help, I'd be happy
to answer questions off-list (though I can only check email
~once-a-day)

Sean

--- Luke Deller <ldeller at xplantechnology.com> wrote:

> Hi Tshivhase,
>
> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 15:06 +0200, Tshivhase Avhashoni
> wrote:
>
> > i'm new on using linux and i'm using fedora core 3.
> >
> > how do i go about installing the packeges for using on
> FC3.
>

> I'm not sure whether omniORB binary packages exist for
> FC3.  You can
> build omniORB from source code - try downloading the
> source code and
> look for instructions in the file called README.unix
>

> > i was using kate to write my programs. can ONMIORB work
> with kate,
> > i'm eager to learn more about corba and ORB on linux
>

> This question indicates that you first need to learn some
> basics about
> software development in linux.  I would suggest that you
> look for some
> tutorials on linux software development, or find a friend
> who can show
> you how to get started.
>
> Kate is a text editor, like notepad on windows (though
> kate has more
> features than notepad).  Kate has no specific support for
> omniORB, but
> that doesn't stop you from using Kate to write software
> which uses
> omniORB.
>
> Regards,
> Luke.