[omniORB] Re: Testing OmniORB4 for memory leaks on Linux RH9 w/ valgrind

Visscher, Bruce VISSCHB at RJRT.com
Thu Jun 9 20:47:30 BST 2005

> > If that isn't the case, then maybe
> > it's just
> > a one time allocation so doesn't really qualify as a
> > leak.
> >

> Of course I'd preferably like to run valgrind "out of the
> box" and have a 'clean' app result in 'no valgrind output
> listings'

I'm not sure that's a realistic goal.  These tools have
limitations.  You pretty much have to train any memory
validation tool that I've ever used or heard about
what to ignore.  They aren't psychic.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any  attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential,  protected by the attorney-
client or other legal privileges, and/or  proprietary non-public
information.  If you are not an intended  recipient of this message or an
authorized assistant to an intended  recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and  then delete it from your system.  Use,
dissemination, distribution,  or reproduction of this message and/or any of
its attachments (if  any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and
may be unlawful.