[omniORB] problem receiving data from remote client

Maarten Kools developer at vangennep.nl
Thu Jun 9 18:30:39 BST 2005

Hi all,

We have problems sending binary data from some remote sites (like from
the USA to Australia).

If we send blocks of 512K of data, then at some point during the
transport just stops. It looks like the server side hangs while reading
the parameter containing the actual binary data in the _dispatch function:

arg_inData <<= giop_s;

It looks like it seems to work without problems on local networks. We
have tried OmniORB 3.0.3 and 4.0.3 on both Windows and Macintosh (OS X),
but both fail. The binary data is a typedef of a sequence of octets.

Could this be a timeout issue? If we send blocks of only 512 bytes of
data, it looks like its working fine.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Maarten Kools