[omniORB] Re: Testing OmniORB4 for memory leaks on Linux RH9

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jun 6 19:03:38 BST 2005

On Monday 6 June, Sean Parker wrote:

> I did some 'commenting-out' in the ORB_init mehod, and
> found most allocation-danglers dissappear when the
> omniOptions-calls were gone - then even more go away when I
> comment-out matching interecptor attach/detaches.
>
> Is the community open to me submitting a future patch that
> begins to fix these leaks (after more digging and
> uncommenting of course)? (it seems reasonable to expect an
> ORB-init followed by orb->destroy would leave no dangling
> memory, regardless of realtiy of the scenario)

Some things allocated by static initialisers and by ORB_init cannot be
safely deleted until the ORB library and all stubs are unloaded, so in
some circumstances, you will still be able to see some "leaks" after
orb->destroy(). If you repeatedly initialise and destroy, you shouldn't
see any increase in the "leaks". valgrind on Linux doesn't report any
memory leaks.

But yes, if you find any leaks, I will welcome any patches that remove
them.