[omniORB] Using cdrMemoryStream?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jul 25 19:55:49 BST 2005

On Saturday 23 July, amos at amos.mailshell.com wrote:

> If I'll ever have to consider multi-architecture I think that I should then
> use the Encapsulation Stream you mentioned before to decide about
> this automatically (right?).

Yes. But if you've already got data that you've encoded with the
cdrMemoryStream, it's too late to have byte order issues handled for you
automatically. The encoding created by cdrMemoryStream doesn't include
any record of the byte order, so if you don't know what it is by some
other means, you're out of luck.

[...]
> Speaking of which - on the corba newsgroup someone mentioned to me
> some IOP::Codec standard interface to do this. I haven't found the word
> "codec" (case insensitive) mentioned anywere in the omniORB sources -
> am I guessing correctly that this isn't supported yet?

No, IOP::Codec isn't supported yet. You can do everything specified for
the Codec with the omniORB specific cdrEncapsulationStream, though.