[omniORB] Using cdrMemoryStream?

amos at amos.mailshell.com amos at amos.mailshell.com
Sat Jul 23 10:15:12 BST 2005

On 7/22/05, Duncan Grisby
<duncan.at.grisby.org at amos.at.amos.mailshell.com> wrote:
> On Friday 22 July, amos at amos.mailshell.com wrote:
> If you ever find yourself needing to read or write on a big endian
> machine, you can configure the cdrMemoryStream to byte swap for you.

If I'll ever have to consider multi-architecture I think that I should then
use the Encapsulation Stream you mentioned before to decide about
this automatically (right?).

> > Is there documentation about these classes?  I couldn't find any.
>
> No, there isn't any documentation, I'm afraid. They're internal types
> used inside omniORB, but as you've found, there's nothing stopping you
> from using them in application code.

Speaking of which - on the corba newsgroup someone mentioned to me
some IOP::Codec standard interface to do this. I haven't found the word
"codec" (case insensitive) mentioned anywere in the omniORB sources -
am I guessing correctly that this isn't supported yet?

Thanks,

--Amos