[omniORB] Question about the any type

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jul 22 14:41:22 BST 2005

On Thursday 21 July, Philip Balister wrote:

> This is probably more CORBA specific than omniOrb specific ....
>
> The following code blows core when the any <<= event_data line executes.

Can you get a stack trace?

This looks like a server operation implementation, so I'm guessing it's
being called by omniORB, but in case you're testing the servant object
before hooking it up to omniORB, have you called CORBA::ORB_init()?  If
not, it's probably blowing up as it tries to look at code set conversion
for the strings.