[omniORB] Communicating with a CORBA server running on a XP Embedded machine

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Thu Jul 21 11:12:25 BST 2005

> I am working on a project which requires communication
> between a PC running WinXP and PC104 module running
> WinXP Embedded. I am using omniORB 4.3.

Wow, a time-traveller from the future! So, they're still using Windows
XP in your time?

Can you tell us - how is omniORB 4.3? When will it be released? What
new features will it have?

> It is working fine across 2 desktop PCs, but the
> problem is ` when the client on the PC104 is
> not able to access the server running on the desktop.
> It pops up an error saying "Is nameserver running" . I
> have correctly followed giving the server IP address
> and other details.

Seriously though, you are probably using version 4.0.3. "Is the
nameserver running?" sounds like a good question. What's the answer? On
which machine are you running your nameserver, and are both machines
correctly configured to use the same nameserver?

-Alex