[omniORB] Narrow/resolve

renej renej.frog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:28:38 BST 2005

On 7/6/05, Hofmann, Bernhard (Siemens EXT)
<bernhard.hofmann.ext at siemens.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can use an IOR string and string_to_object() and then _narrow() to get
> the object I want, or I can use ResolveNameService().
>
> I have the same object (Acme.Context/Manager.Object) on many different
> computers, and I'd like to specify a corbaloc or similar when resolving
> (so I can identify the computer I wish to get the object from).

use

    corbaloc::HOST:PORT/KEY

with string_to_object() and on each host (HOST) you use the omniINSPOA
so you can use readable object keys (KEY); and start the server
program with

    -ORBendPoint giop:tcp:HOST:PORT

assuming you use the same port for all instances and the same object
key, you can use the hostname to select the instance

> How would I go about this? I've tried multiple InitRef settings, but I
> don't seem to be able to define the order in which they're attempted.

have fun
renej