AW: [omniORB] Problems transferring double values under Solaris 8 withomniorb 4.0.6

Winterstein, Bernd, VF-DE Bernd.Winterstein at vodafone.com
Thu Jul 7 15:57:15 BST 2005

On access to the corrupted doubles purify reports the following UMR(Uninitialized memory read) failures...

We got this problem also when using a single double inside a struct. It seems that during marshalling fraction and exponent are corrupted. When using purify the results differ from those using normal debug version.

****  Purify instrumented testClipboard (pid 23676)  ****
UMR: Uninitialized memory read:
  * This is occurring while in:
	main           [testClipboard.cc:69]
	_start         [crt1.o]
  * Reading 4 bytes from 0x29e4b0 in the heap.
  * Address 0x29e4b0 is 24 bytes into a malloc'd block at 0x29e498 of 4008 bytes.
  * This block was allocated from:
	malloc         [rtlib.o]
	_ZnWj          [stddef.h:1]
	operator new(unsigned) [rtlib.o]
	_ZnAj          [stddef.h:1]
	operator new[](unsigned) [rtlib.o]
	_CORBA_Sequence<testdata::FirstEmbeddedData>::allocbuf(unsigned long) [seqTemplatedecls.h:165]