[omniORB] Executing problem with omniEvents (PushCons.java)

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Thu Jul 7 14:42:12 BST 2005

> gnoygnas at lunar java $ java PushSupp -ORBInitRef
> NameService=corbaname::lunar.skku.ac.kr:2809

I don't know the Java ORB well enough to know whether the Java ORB
understands corbaname:: URIs. You don't say whether you are using Sun's
Java ORB (version?), JacORB or OpenORB.

So. Do this:

1. Try the C++ examples first.

2. Try to get the Java examples to talk directly to the event service.
eventc's `-v' option causes it to print out the IOR of the new channel.
Then just feed the IOR into the PushSupp example. Like this:

  % eventc -v
  IOR1234....
  % java PushSupp IOR1234....
  %

3. Try to set Java's InitRef by using the naming service's IOR, rather
than a corbaname:: URI. Like this:

  % java PushSupp -ORBInitRef NameService=IOR987...
  %

You will have to get the naming service's IOR from omniNames' output.

-Alex

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!