[omniORB] Executing problem with omniEvents (PushCons.java)

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Thu Jul 7 11:59:46 BST 2005

> Before executing, omniNames, omniEvents, and eventc have been started.

`eventc' is not a service. You cannot start it. It is a command that
you run to create an event channel in the omniEvents server.

> goygnas at lunar java $ java PushSupp -ORBInitRef
> NameService=corbaname::vks.skku.ac.kr:2809

> Failed to find EventChannel in NameService. NamingContext::NotFound

The PushSupp client needs to be able to find the event channel. It does
this by looking up the name 'EventChannel' in the naming service at
vks.skku.ac.kr. This error message means that name wasn't found.

Try typing
   nameclt -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::vks.skku.ac.kr list
Do you see 'EventChannel' listed there? If not, then there is no chance
that PushSupp will find it.

Try the `eventc' command again. Are you giving it any options? Are you
sure that it is using the same naming service that you have told the
PushSupp client to use?

-Alex Tingle

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!