[omniORB] Configuration parameters

Hofmann, Bernhard (Siemens EXT) bernhard.hofmann.ext at siemens.com
Wed Jul 6 10:23:24 BST 2005

Dear all

Thanks very much for the assistance with the configuration problems I
had.

It seems that the problem I had was that the strings I was passing as
arguments were going out of scope and being destroyed. I now allocate
the string on the heap and it works fine. I'm still generating the
command line arguments in the program at runtime from a configuration
file.

So it seems that the string must persist - i.e. the ORB retains pointers
to argv rather than taking a copy of the string values.

Kind regards
Bernhard