[omniORB] idl compiler for c++ mixes up includes

Martin Haaß haass at ira.uka.de
Tue Jan 11 17:00:01 GMT 2005

The Problem we encounter is this:
file a.h includes a corba stub from another directory

a.h looks like this:
#include "directory_b/corba1.hh"

The corba1.hh gets stubbed from an idl file which includes another
idl from the same directory, corba2.idl. So the generated include in corba1.hh
looks like this:

directory_b/corba1.hh:
#include <corba2.hh>

regardless whether i write #include <corba2.idl> or #include "corba2.idl"
in corba1.idl, the stubbed corba1.hh always looks like above. But then the
corba2.hh is only found if i add an extra include path, which i don't
want to.

I know of the -Wbuse-quotes option, but then all includes are generated
with quotes. This does not look like a wise decision to me as it destroys the
concept of user-includes and system-includes which, in the end, is the
difference
between #include "" and #include <>

Could this be a bug in the idl-compiler?
Or is it considered a feature I don't understand?
Would it be possible to conserve the character that is used in the include
statement inside the idl?

Regards,
 Martin Haaß