[omniORB] Error: The byte order of this platform is unknown

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Wed Jan 5 17:47:32 GMT 2005

> I'm new in C++ programming. But, I must make some program in C++ to control
> MagellanPro robot. The robot is working in PC based on Red Hat Linux
> release 6.2. The program also related to omniORB2, and compiled with gcc
> version egcs 2.91.66. I always get this error when start to compile:
> /include/omniORB2/CORBA_sysdep.h #error: "The byte order of this platform
> is unknown". I don't know from where I have to re-changed the program.
> Anyone can help me, please.

You seem to use a cross compiler. That prevents autoconf from detecting the
byte-order, as to do so a small program has to be run that can't be run
because you use a cross compiler....

The solution is to tell configure the byte order of your platform - by using
CONFIG_SITE and AFAIK the variable ac_cv_c_bigendian.

Google a bit and you will find it.

Diez