[omniORB] How to write single threaded hydrid application..

shashi bhushan singh shashi_it13 at rediffmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:40:07 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I am using omniorb 4.0 on Linux 2.2 kernel. I need to write a Corba hybrid application(client + server). Problem is that I can't use threads in my application as most of the libraries used in my Application are NOT THREAD SAFE.

I think orb->run method is blocking in nature. Just wondering how can I write single threaded app which needs to do non corba stuff also(i.e I can't allow main thread to block in orb->run call)? Is there any alternative available?

Thanks for any help.

-Shashi