[omniORB] omniorb4: Problem with generating code for Naming.idl

Uwe Seimet Uwe.Seimet at seimet.de
Fri Dec 23 09:18:39 GMT 2005

Hi Duncan,

> I have no idea why you're getting that error. You might try hacking
> around with the bin/omniidl script to see if you can figure out what's
> up.

After stumbling over a different error on another system I found out
what was causing all these errors: The omniorb configure script found a
(partial) Python distribution in an OpenOffice 2.0 folder. This
distribution satisfied configure, but it did not satisfy the omniorb
build process. By removing the OpenOffice path from my PATH setting I
could compile omniorb without any problems on both machines.

Take care,   Uwe