[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.7 and omniORBpy 2.7 soon

Bill Noon noon at snow.nrcc.cornell.edu
Mon Dec 19 16:56:45 GMT 2005

Duncan -- Here is a patch to configure in omniORBpy 3.0 to enable it to
use the correct python package directory on MacOSX.  Both the Apple
shipped and pythonmac.org versions of python use the MacOSX directory
scheme even if the python executable is linked to /usr/bin/python or
/usr/local/bin/python.  The site-packages directory is in either
/System/Library/Frameworks/... or /Library/Frameworks/... depending on
which python is used.

Distutils knows the difference and the correct location, the following
changes configure to use the values returned from distutils.sysconfig.

The same changes should be made to the configure script in omniORB (I
had to move the modules manually to the right location).

The good news is that, with Tiger, dylibs are now initialized correctly.

--Bill Noon

diff -r1.1.4.3 configure
3154,3156c3154,3157
<   PYTHON_PREFIX='${prefix}'
<
<   PYTHON_EXEC_PREFIX='${exec_prefix}'
---
 >   PYTHON_PREFIX=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import sysconfig; print
sysconfig.get_config_vars()['prefix']" 2>/dev/null ||
 >     echo "${prefix}"`
 >   PYTHON_EXEC_PREFIX=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import sysconfig;
print sysconfig.get_config_vars()['exec_prefix']" 2>/dev/null ||
 >     echo "${exec_prefix}"`
3179c3180
<   am_cv_python_pythondir=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import
sysconfig; print sysconfig.get_python_lib(0,0,prefix='$PYTHON_PREFIX')"
2>/dev/null ||
---
 >   am_cv_python_pythondir=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import
sysconfig; print sysconfig.get_python_lib(0,0)" 2>/dev/null ||
3196c3197
<   am_cv_python_pyexecdir=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import
sysconfig; print
sysconfig.get_python_lib(1,0,prefix='$PYTHON_EXEC_PREFIX')" 2>/dev/null
---
 >   am_cv_python_pyexecdir=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import
sysconfig; print sysconfig.get_python_lib(1,0)" 2>/dev/null ||