[omniORB] Newbie Question: Heap Problems with VC++ 7

Markus Sabin msabin at digithurst.de
Thu Aug 25 09:17:42 BST 2005

Slawomir and Mike,

thank you very much for your helpful replies. The problem was indeed
mixing static and dynamic runtime libraries. Sorry for putting this
question that is actually answered by the readmes, but I have used
omniORB with VC 6 before, and it was working fine with mixed runtimes.
My program and the echo example are working, I have other problems now,
but I will refer to the docs before bugging you again ;-)

Best regards

Markus

Slawomir Lisznianski wrote:

> Markus Sabin wrote:
>
>> What I have already tried is to link against static/debug/release
>> libraries - no effect. Strange enough that the NameService - which
>> was rebuilt with VC7 - seems to work properly.
>

> Make sure that you application is linked against only one type of
> libraries. So, if it's Release, all libs, including C-runtime, and
> your own executable has to be Release. Heap layout is different
> between release and debug version. When you build your project for
> debug, you use the debug memory allocator. This means that all memory
> allocations have guard bytes placed around them. Just make sure you're
> consistent.
>
> Regards,
>
> Slawomir

Digithurst Bildinformationssysteme GmbH & Co KG
Wasserrunzel 5
91186 Büchenbach
Fon: +49 (0)9171 / 9671 - 21
Fax: +49 (0)9171 / 9671 - 19
Mail: msabin at digithurst.de
Web: www.digithurst.de

Diese E-Mail und alle damit uebertragenen Dateien sind
vertraulich und nur fuer den Empfaenger bestimmt. Wenn
Sie dieses E-Mail erhalten haben, es aber nicht an Sie
gerichtet ist, informieren Sie bitte den Absender. Vielen Dank.
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender. Thank you.