[omniORB] Newbie Question: Heap Problems with VC++ 7

Slawomir Lisznianski slisznianski at asyncnet.com
Thu Aug 25 10:07:42 BST 2005

Markus Sabin wrote:

> What I have already tried is to link against static/debug/release
> libraries - no effect. Strange enough that the NameService - which was
> rebuilt with VC7 - seems to work properly.

Make sure that you application is linked against only one type of
libraries. So, if it's Release, all libs, including C-runtime, and your
own executable has to be Release. Heap layout is different between
release and debug version. When you build your project for debug, you
use the debug memory allocator. This means that all memory allocations
have guard bytes placed around them. Just make sure you're consistent.

Regards,

Slawomir