[omniORB] Newbie Question: Heap Problems with VC++ 7

Markus Sabin msabin at digithurst.de
Tue Aug 23 10:46:21 BST 2005

Dear all,

I encounter strange behavior with omniorb 4.06. Especially, the
de-allocation of CORBA::String_var objects causes the debugger to
complain about invalid heap pointers. I have found a hint in the
mailing-list archive that the binaries have been built with VC++ 6 and
are incompatible with VC++ 7.  I could obtain a version
omniORB-4.0.6-win32-vc7.zip from sourceforge, but the readmes still tell
me that it contains VC6 binaries and the heap problems persist.

So my questions are:
Do I have the correct version? Are there binaries for VC7?
Is there a VC6 or VC7 workspace that I could use to rebuild the libraries?

Thanks in advance for your help

Markus